15 June 2010

speaking of paying more attention to

Ohio

That seemed like a gigantic waste of money and effort as it was. I'm sure people who followed commandments against idolatry will take more meaning into this. I pretty much don't care either way of course. A lightning strike during a heavy storm of a gigantic statue doesn't surprise me.

But it does mean that only the anatomically correct horse sign and the building for testing elevators (as I call it) are on that route as sources of amusement to see on the side of the highway now in addition to mocking the silly statue.

2 comments:

Joyful_Momma said...

Definitely a waste of money. It could have been better spent doing something that would really help people rather than just get attention for the church.

Sun Tzu said...

Seems to have been the sentiment of the non-irreligious folks in my circle. I at least know how to pick sensible religious people out who don't build ridiculous statues and who might prefer to, I don't know, help poor, elderly or sickly people.

But for driving to and fro, it does tend to get a bit boring with nothing to see. My own selfish interests can occasionally be served by the stupidity of others.