23 April 2010

Programming note

I am, so it seems, supposed to be an uncle at some point in the next day. Assuming that all goes to form and plan.

I am not looking forward to assuming the required post as a corruptor of the youth and am largely ambivalent about the whole process. I will hope the favor of this level of low involvement and attention is returned. At least until I have anything to contribute. Kind of hard for me to do any corrupting when they can't talk or walk and feed, clothe, or even relieve bodily waste without outside assistance for example.

But I will presume this will further relieve me of any feeling or impetus to produce a next generational spawn of my own. A new sister I can see and talk to without obstruction, and that I was fine with (that would be the sister-in-law). A tiny being possessed of still fleshy bones and odd and unpredictable wailing noises and incessant demands of attention and care, not my speed.

Better you than me.

6 comments:

not undecided said...

Heehee....I suppose congratulations are not in order...to you, anyhow. Sounds like fun to me...but my sibs are about as anxious to breed as you are. No pressure or anything. Gulp, gag, etc. If it means squat, I think you'll make an EXCELLENT uncle, especially when he or she makes it to the age you can relate to. That part will be fun! Babies...yeah, they're babies.

Sun Tzu said...

I think I will have some practice, given that several of my cousins are much younger than I am (two are even still toddler age and thus still safely below the corruptible ages).

But it's not like this was something I was looking forward to doing either.

not undecided said...

Right, right. I love how they're separated into corruptible and pre-corruptible. Good stuff.

Sun Tzu said...

I think the two who are now off at college are in a non-corruptible stage as well (less contact, more non-familial peers of their own).

Really only the 3 in some level of primary school are vulnerable to my wacky ideas and questions.

not undecided said...

Hahaha...yup. Everyone should have one wacky uncle minimum. My sister's godfather (I think...hmmm...) used to always as me what the difference is between a duck. End of question.

not undecided said...

*k