10 January 2009

weird thoughts

Seeing Obama's youtube-type premise for distributing his addresses to the public made me think he should cartoonize one of them just to see what happens. Do something like his head disproportionately large or turn himself into a Gary Larson cartoon. Or even just use the Scanner Darkly thing. These are the types of things I think of when people try to have a serious discussion now days. I'll have something more on his economic proposals when I read the thing (14 pages! That's it?).

Incidentally, there was some news story that came up about a women who killed her (possibly unfaithful) husband by dousing his penis in alcohol and setting it on fire. Her logic was that only she could have him/it that way. My first reaction was "why would she want a burnt penis for her sole possession?". I think too much Carlin growing up?

My next reaction was that I'm relatively glad I don't care that much about people anymore. That saying "that you don't love someone until you want to kill them" seems to be mostly the reverse. I only seem to want to kill people (well..really find ways to remove them from my little sphere). My intentions and actions are then much more sane, because I can't just kill them to be done with it and so I find ways to adapt (and connive) instead of try for arson or physical injury. I suppose it could be viewed as a problem that I'm not fond of most people either. But then, the select few I am fond of, I am quite contented with (and are largely absent at this point anyway). It's a decidedly odd contrast.

No comments: