16 January 2009

miracles don't happen

I am obligated to post something on what somehow is top news: a plane crash with no fatalities.

the actual

Since I'm one of those people who sees that certain people are better at handling particular situations than others (for example, I can either get angry if I have to deal with a stressful situation AND other people, or I can become resolved and figure it out if I'm left alone). I read a story like that on the pilot and the manner the situation was handled and don't see a miracle. I see a routine handling of a slightly odd situation (a serious plane mechanical problem caused by a collision with airborne fowl). And the evidence for that is right here "It was just the right pilot at the right time....". That's not really coincidence or other evidence of miracles either. The types of people who become pilots have particular mindsets honed by years of training and various experiences. So really, while this was certainly exciting for the passengers on the plane and an impressive job by the pilot. It's not really news in the manner of a surprising event.

Except that it ditched in the Hudson River in the New York City area.


There's also this:
am I mistaken or does that sound like crashing into the ocean?

No comments: