02 February 2007

Liberty's Pricey

Back to some semblance of original thoughts. I'm somewhat aware I have them because my ruminating ran me in a direct course to the path of ancients. So what if they trod there before. If it was an unworthy course, then it should have been closed to me.

I'm vexed. I find that our society is handcuffed to these ideas of liberty and security. Security is in no means important. It is the illusion of security that allows society to function. The true provision of it is completely impossible. Disgruntled and disturbed individuals can always seek to take what they cannot gain or to punish for what they cannot bully and bellow out of the fear of others. What remains is the united efforts of others to live in relative harmony with one another. If we wish to do as we well please, then it is entirely necessary for us to depend on one another for as much as we can honorably do. Liberty then becomes an illusion too. Society restricts it even before governments do. All government does is write it down, codify our objection to threats and liberties.

No comments: