31 August 2009

A dream.

Ends with me drinking an endless glass of orange juice while listening to a statement by a now deceased person complaining about the supposedly thoughtful suggestions being raised by relatives which only serve to remind them of their impending demise whilst they (the elderly person) busy themselves with the many fun things of living instead. After having just argued with a group of undereducated teenagers in an outdoor gathering whether "venerable" or anything with "ultra" in the name was "cooler" because of the importance in differences between greatness and goodness or just plain scale references functioning as a superlative rather than an indicator of some basic character and quality, even if it is only determined by the factors of time spent dutifully applied at some task. I'm not sure I won that argument.

But I'm pretty sure it could have been a real "argument" based on the things I've had to argue with of late. People who attempt to defend torture as acceptable by bringing up cable TV as a prisoner "right" or that we should simply treat prisoners entirely well in that same way have no business being in the same room with me on an intellectual plane of existence. I have tired of it finally. War is to be declared against such stupidity.

3 comments:

not undecided said...

An endless glass of orange juice. Sweet.

Sun Tzu said...

I woke up feeling rather thirsty. And didn't have any OJ. Certainly not in endless proportions.

So it wasn't that sweet.

not undecided said...

Well at least you knew what sounded good!