24 April 2009

Dick

I have no words

But someone else did. And we're apparently not going to hear from there since her private thoughts at the repellent things we allowed our country to do in the descent into the heart of darkness were redacted and perhaps forever hidden away from public view. And whatever else was left behind from that we can never get to now. We must never forget that sometimes there are often horrible things done in war. But this was no ordinary war, with no ordinary battlefields and conducted on unusual terms. Especially for what is otherwise intended to be a country that upholds a rule of law and a role as a model for such things in the world.

Great work Dick. Now do us all a favor and shut the fuck up like your boss has. You're not justifying anything by saying "but it worked and protected Americans". Everyone knows this sort of crap has NEVER, ever worked. Even the Nazis had interrogation methods that didn't involve torture that were far more effective than beating out false information, all the beatings do is get people to tell you what you want them to tell you, not what they really know. If you want to take us as idiots because "we" voted for this mess twice, maybe that's fair. Not all of us did vote for this mess though. And some of those people had to carry out the policies you created. I sleep pretty well at night knowing I wouldn't and I couldn't, no matter how terrible my darkest thoughts can be (and I have a very dark imagination that goes to work as I sleep). But even I know where the line is.

If ever there's a reason we shouldn't have a Vice President anymore, I'm looking at one very good one every time Cheney opens his mouth to talk to the media right now.