08 August 2007

Fandom

Sort of funny watching Bonds' critics and then seeing someone holding up a sign with 715*. Not to be too critical in response, but the record he just broke tonight was actually 756(*). If you must make a sign or banner, at least get the facts right. 715 was 33 years ago, when Barry was 10. I don't put an asterisk there myself, but that's mostly because cheating is pretty common in baseball anyway.

I figured I'd put it out here that anybody getting Celtics tickets anywhere next year in the Midwest, let me know (the schedules won't come out for a while, but still). I think they're playing 3v5 all year next year, given the roster. Somehow a team has both of my two favorite players. Last time that happened, it was impossible to get tickets for them without paying hundreds of dollars or waiting in hideous lines. I saw MJ with the Bulls once at the stadium. So this is nuts.

No comments: