29 October 2007

fantasy draft

By the randomness gods, I actually got 1st pick. I never got first pick on anything besides food. Garnett. No brainer. Thanks to the snake format, I then sit around for a week or two before I get to make another two picks in a row.

Lots of sitting around until 2nd-3rd picks. Stole Dwight Howard and picked up Joe Johnson. More sitting. Rasheed Wallace and my sleeper, Corey Maggette (someone has to score on that team).
Lots more sitting. Hilarity when someone picked Elton Brand, who's out for the year. Picked up Felton and Harrington. Battier and Shaq (yes, Shaq was a 9th round pick). Someone snuck in Grant Hill and Kenyon Martin from me (2nd sleeper pick, gaaa). Filler picks, Jamal Crawford, McDyess. JR Smith (only headcase on the team), and Collison last. I'm keeping tabs on Jeff Green and a few others (warrick, Francis) for later use once they start playing.

I saw only two teams with well-put together rosters that I'll have to worry about. The guy who swiped Martin and Hill, though he's weak at C (Big Ben and Curry, does have Gasol too though) and one team with McGrady, Arenas, Boozer and Zach Randolph. There's another team with Bosh, Deron Williams and Stoudamire that is worrisome, but not terribly so. It's pretty thin unless Bargnani gets much, much better. The team that picked Brand was trouble up until that moment. Thanks to that pick, it's not very deep. There's one team that would have been trouble, last year. Except Bibby is hurt, Artest is overrated, Pierce and Ricky Davis won't be scoring as much and Kobe might get traded. So that's that.

No comments: