23 April 2007

Ok yeah, that's just about the most awful thing I've ever seen

Uh yeah. Last King of Scotland. Very good movie. Did not care for the meat hooks at the end. Beats out the eye-ball squish in Kill Bill by a considerable margin.

Otherwise. It was very good. Mirrored some documentaries I had seen on Uguanda and the slow understanding of madness that the rest of the world had toward his regime. Anyone who wants to see what a modern Hitler might have looked like, Idi Amin is a good start. Very charismatic. Very, very ruthless. And a bit eccentric. And didn't like the Jews much either, or at least pal'ed up with the PLO during their heyday. I found myself both revolted and amused by the character. Which I think is the proper reaction to a madman. So yeah, I'd say that was a well-deserved Oscar.

No comments: