05 May 2007

whew, we're safe for a while

Paris is going to jail. Perhaps the first bit of pop news I've actually bothered to concern myself with; she apparently doesn't understand the meaning and purpose of a suspended license. Sadly, her disappearance will only be temporary, and I will again have to contend with random bits of popular culture intruding on actual matters of importance. I found it amusing when it was suggested that she was, in fact, satan. Not that I believe in such things, but that her ability to apparently ignore the negative publicity she generates and still have fame purely based on being famous was suggestive of extraordinary interference. This ties back with Anna Nicole, yet another leper of fame IMHO lacking credible redeeming qualities for which to base fame around. Can't we just shut down E!/MTV and such for about 6 months to let these people find real jobs or at least positions that don't involve purposely leaked sex tapes?

No comments: