25 September 2007

anarchy in the usa

http://www.politicalcompass.org/usprimaries2007

This is entertaining. Looking over the various politicians of this country, I'm much more inclined to take up a parliamentary system with the vast expanse of political views in play. It's pretty clear we're not getting much in the way of radically useful debates because there aren't very many distinctive views (read: parties with one or two issues of majority concern). It also seems clear there are very few useful distinctions between the major parties and their beauty contestants. This much I knew already. Though there is, at least, some clusterizing going on.

Basically all it means, as we knew already, is Romney is a major league fascist. I suppose it does lend some credence to the idea that McCain or Rudy should be the GOP candidate, seeing as they aren't quite in the ridiculous fascist camp. Ron Paul doesn't cluster well enough to be a GOP candidate, but he was the closest thing out there to a likeable candidate for me. As far as the dems, I'll hold out hope that Obama wins that one, if for no other reason than to hear Jesse and Al screaming for him to be 'less white' for an entire year. I mostly do this in the vain hope that I'm picking the lesser of two weavils (four more years of clinton do not appeal to me, the man was an idiot for foreign policy, I don't see anything suggesting she'd be any better. GWB isn't any better of course, but I didn't vote for him either). I seriously doubt the GOP is winning elections anytime soon, and with those two being their best candidates, they don't deserve to. I realize that my third party strategy does not work in the mainstream yet, but until it does gain some credence, I'll have to look realistically at what sort of country I'm about to be faced with. At the moment, I'm seriously entertaining the idea of emigrating.

I myself ended up well below their lists as something like an anarchist/libertarian. I'm not a total 'free-for-all' type. But its close, my semi-tempered social streaks must have pushed me closer to the middle than I would have thought on the economic side, though I'm still a happy free-market supporter most of the time. But unsurprisingly, not one of the candidates is even close on my anti-authoritarian streak.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/composers
This is included to be funny. Tchaikovsky looks good to me if anyone wants a feel on where abouts I am. Further down (much) and to the right (not much).

No comments: