25 November 2008

disjointed ramblings of the old man

In other news, it occurs to me that I should probably figure out what the hell I'm doing. I'm not a big fan of Lewis Carroll, but sometimes the Red Queen sprint is nothing if not apt. The world doesn't change much, except it gets a whole lot less interesting without people of interest. It's pretty easy to follow along without ever glancing up to pay attention because the song remains the same. Once in a while, it would be nice if we could hit shuffle and mix up the play list.

It doesn't surprise me that I meet few people who are distinguished in my new old world. I just wish I will meet fewer people from whom I am distinguished.

I haven't figured out yet what a "normal" life would mean for me, but from what I have observed, it doesn't seem very appetizing. So that leaves what, an abnormal life?...which would in fact require me to actually be distinguished around people I have more respect for than those people who would be so foolish as to consider me a person of some accord.

No comments: