30 May 2007

so back to the random goodie bag

Much happening, if you can call it that. Either the much or the happening is up for debate there. My friend is departing again for Asia in about 30 hours for another two months. This seriously disrupts the likelihood of either playing basketball or playing cards. In truth, one of the two is perhaps good, as I either need a solid week or two to rest my ankle (yes, I used it even in its enhanced purple state to play basketball) or time to actually try to get to talk to people for my work-like efforts. I'm guessing the cards is the more expendable. I'd prefer to remain somewhat less than half the man of the average American male. Moving around keeps it that way.

The lady's friend is moving out. Some of her stuff will remain for ease of movement (read: x360), the rest will go back packed up and moved into someone's garage I suspect. I haven't yet really looked earnestly for the new place, still have about a month or so though. Procrastination is helped by not much jumping off the pages for me to go and look at. I suppose I should hurry; summer is a prime relocation period for most. I haven't even really come up with serious criteria for the home/apt. So I shall do so now to prove how boring I can be.

1) Reasonably recent appliances. I hate energy bills. Ditto the insulation. That shit is a pain in the ass to setup, but damn if it doesn't keep things toasty and cool when need-be.

2) A yard. The dog needs somewhere else to use his energy besides furniture. A fence would be useful for this. A very high fence. That pup can jump.

3) Someone to pick up my two dozen milk jugs every week and recycle them. I'm tired of carting them off to friends and family. I'm sure the lady is tired of seeing them pile up in unique fashions every couple of weeks just so I don't have to say the container is full. I miss using those cardboard tubes from wrapping paper to secretly extend the height of a trash can. Not so much wrapping going on lately.

4) Low or no taxes. If there are taxes, I better be seeing some kickbacks in the community.

5) Still stuck around the Dayton area. A southerly routing is better for convenience to the job. Technically I should be looking for a place down toward Cincy, but that would cause different problems that aren't worth the gas I'd save.

Now that that's out of the way, nobody tell me if they've seen something like this. It wouldn't do for me to actually be encouraged on finding a reasonably accommodating home. What is troubling me today. Work is slow. Someone have future money problems so I have something to do besides drive people crazy and whine about politics. Or people going crazy and shooting up malls, not the school shooting I had predicted, but interesting none-the-less. Still hasn't topped the one in Australia where the guy had a machete and an AK. Well. It's early yet.

I recovered from my stretch of not sleeping for several weeks just in time to sleep way too much; you know like 6-7 hours a morning. That's just ridiculous. I think maybe it's the ankle that's slowing me down. I can't get up and run, and I can barely walk the dog around a couple blocks without the legs tightening up and starting to complain to me. Injuries are a major pain.

No comments: