26 October 2008

world series

I somehow stumbled into rooting for the Phillies (thanks much to the Cubs for predictably losing). The picking of the two ratings busters (Philly and Tampa?, who cares...) wasn't hard, and Philly should be the winning team of those two (hence the 'rooting', I look better when my predictions go as I say). Philly hasn't hit all that well to guarantee that pick, but they seem to be managing.

Aside from the late start on Game 3, the best part is the Rays using 5 infielders in the 9th inning. (Generally, there are 4...). Since I am watching as this plays out, I'm interested in seeing whether it works out or not. Balfour pitching for the Rays does have a 100mph fastball, so it may not matter whether he has any infielders or not. Update: it didn't work all that well. A shallow chopper drives in a run, after a wild pitch/error, weird.

No comments: